Friday, November 11, 2016

Dashingly Decorative



It's really fun to have something graphic on your windows when you have a whole lot going on inside of your shop. The bold shapes give an organization to what's inside.  When you're inside a place looking outward, the colors of the decorative images light up light stained glass.


This place to the right is a car dealership for older, classic cars. People used to push their faces to the windows while looking at the cars, so I had to be mindful of where I put the colors  - above eye level!



Any door of any size that has a window can use a wreath. The nice thing about window painting is that, unlike other holiday decorations, it doesn't take up any space inside of your shop.








Some people just like flowers. There are flowers that have been themed for every holiday. Poinsettias are some of my favorite flowers. The fit so nicely in with ribbons!










But I think my favorite flower to draw is Wisteria. Partly because it smells so good, but also because it's got such gorgeous blossom clusters....and it's a PURPLE flower!





But sometimes, I just like to make up flowers and pretend they exist. Don't know if this one really exists somewhere. I may have had a gardening catalog in hand when I got inspired to do this one. It was part of a series of windows, all with the same sort of flower on each of six different windows. It's always fun to have a white background to work with. Most often, all window backgrounds will disappear into blackness.







Here's a good example of a really nice design that can cover a lot of window space. If you have really big frontage and want something on it, ribbons and snowflakes are the way to go. (Click on this to see the detail in the snowflakes in a larger version.)

Some places, like this garden shop, just want me to cover up some construction. See their animal portraits? (A labradoodle and a pussycat on the right side.)



Although I cannot paint when it's actually raining, (because my colors will run!) once the paint has dried it is not affected by rain. You can tell it's raining when I took this picture!

415 250-0024



No comments:

Post a Comment